Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...redolent via @DefinitionHouse


Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



redolent

[red-l-uhnt]

adjective 


1. having a pleasant odor; fragrant.
2. odorous or smelling (usually followed by of ): redolent of garlic.
3. suggestive; reminiscent (usually followed by of ): verse redolent of Shakespeare.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English < Latin redolent- (stem of redolēns ), present participle of redolēre to emit odor, equivalent to red- red- + ol ( ēre ) to smell (akin to odor) + -ent- -ent
Related forms
red·o·lence, red·o·len·cy, noun
red·o·lent·ly, adverb


Our campaign for Dead New World by Ryan Hill is live. Help bring our zombies to life by checking out Kickstarter!

Thanks for visiting Definition House!

0 comments:

Post a Comment