Thursday, November 14, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...fickle via @DefinitionHouse


Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



fickle

[fik-uhl]
adjective 

1. likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.
2. not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.

Origin:
before 1000; Middle English fikel, Old English ficol deceitful, akin to fācen treachery, fician to deceive, gefic deception
Related forms
fick·le·ness, noun
un·fick·le, adjective

0 comments:

Post a Comment