Thursday, October 31, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...gremlin via @DefinitionHouse #HappyHalloween #pollresults


Votes are in! Your fave horror read is... *drum roll* The Shining by Stephen King! Thank you for participating!!

Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



gremlin

[grem-lin] noun
1. a mischievous invisible being, said by airplane pilots in World War II to cause engine trouble and mechanical difficulties.
2. any cause of trouble, difficulties, etc.

Origin:
1925–30; of obscure origin; in its earliest attested use, an RAF term for a low-ranking officer or enlisted man assigned the most onerous duties; later development perhaps affected by phonetic resemblance to goblin

Synonyms
1. See goblin.


0 comments:

Post a Comment