Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word... spectator via @DefinitionHouse


Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



spectator
 
[spek-tey-ter, spek-tey-]

noun
1. a person who looks on or watches; onlooker; observer.
2. a person who is present at and views a spectacle, display, or the like; member of an audience.
3. Also called spectator shoe. a white shoe with a perforated wing tip and back trim, traditionally of dark brown, dark blue, or black but sometimes of a lighter color.

Origin:
1580–90; < Latin spectātor, equivalent to spectā ( re ), frequentative of specere to look, regard + -tor -tor
Related forms
spec·ta·to·ri·al [spek-tuh-tawr-ee-uhl, -tohr-], adjective

0 comments:

Post a Comment