Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...splenetic via @DefinitionHouse

Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



splenetic 


[spli-net-ik]

adjective Also, sple·net·i·cal. 

1. Of the spleen; splenic.
2. Irritable; peevish; spiteful.
3. Obsolete. Affected with, characterized by, or tending to produce melancholy.
noun
4. A splenetic person.

Origin: 

1535–45; < Late Latin splēnēticus. See splen-, -etic


Related forms
sple·net·i·cal·ly, adverb
un·sple·net·ic, adjective
un·sple·net·i·cal·ly, adverb

Synonyms
vexatious, irascible, testy, fretful, touchy, petulant, choleric.

0 comments:

Post a Comment