Saturday, October 19, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...immense via @DefinitionHouse


Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark, blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...



im·mense
[ih-mens] adjective 

1. vast; huge; very great: an immense territory.
2. immeasurable; boundless.
3. Informal. splendid: You did an immense job getting the project started.

Origin:
1400–50; late Middle English < Latin immēnsus, equivalent to im- im-2 + mēnsus past participle of mētīrī to measure
Related forms
im·mense·ly, adverb
im·mense·ness, noun

Synonyms
1. extensive. See huge


0 comments:

Post a Comment