Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Today's #DailyDefinition brought to you by the word...decry via @DefinitionHouse


Words. Everywhere. They surround me, meld to my bones, and comfort me. Suddenly, they’re gone. There is no text, only white…stark blankness. Their absence leaves me longing, needing more. Always more. Then, it appears on the horizon of the page, and I succumb to my...


decry

[dih-krahy]

verb (used with object), de·cried, de·cry·ing.

1. To speak disparagingly of; denounce as faulty or worthless; express censure of: She decried the lack of support for the arts in this country.

2. To condemn or depreciate by proclamation, as foreign or obsolete coins.

Origin:

1610–20; < French décrier, Old French descrier. See dis-1, cry

Related forms

de·cri·er, noun

un·de·cried, adjective

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment